Tuesday 18 September 2012

My father's interview since 1980s

Questions asked by Noorah Alamjan Sultan to Alamjan Sultan


Age: How old were you between 1980 and 1989? Age  15 to 24

  • Space: In which country(ies), town(s), house(s) did you live in this timeframe?

 was lived in UAE, Ajman, Al-Bustan


  • Architecture: How was the housewas divided? And special rooms in the house that you spent a lot of time? If you close your eyes, what do you see? What are the shapes, colors, patterns?

Small arabic old house with 3 bedrooms and one living room and one small kitchen. The color of my house was light green walls without décor and the door of the house was divided with 7 different colors that i pained by myself. I was spent a lot of time in living room and my bedroom.



  • Clothing: What did you wear in these years? Daily? And during special events?


·     I was wearing Kandura such Kuwaiti styles and sport clothes.

  • People: Can you list and describe special people in your life at this time (family, friends, mentors...)?

My best friend until now was Arif Jaffer 25 old in 80s, he is the most special person because we share our secreta and help each other.

  • Daily life: Describe a weekday and a weekend day in the 1980s (ex: school day and family day). What time did you wake up, what did you see, what did you do, where did you go and how did you get there, when did you feel happiest, when did you feel the least happy...

  I always wake up at 5 morning praying and reading Quran. Then in the morning I drink Krk tea and went to the school. I wait to the bus at 6 AM before the sunrise and its dark place no light.  I run behind of the bus if the bus gone. Sometimes I run away from the school with my friends Nasir and Unise. Then I went to the sea to swim.


In weekend : I gather with my family and put perfume and be ready to visit all families
I feel happy when I run away from the school.
I feel sad when father don’t let me to go outside.
Most of my time i play sports such as shooting gun, swimming, karate. 



  •  Cinema: Do you remember watching any movies at a cinema?
I love watching Indian movies with my family in Dubai in Rashidiya in that time we park in the parking and see movies while we are sitting in the car. 

  • Television: Which shows/series/movies do you remember watching on TV?
I was watching steve austin, Tarzan, Sindibad. 


  • Music: What type of music did you listen to (any specific singers or song)?

Romantic Music, Abdullah Bil Khair, khaled al sheikh

  • Magazines: Any magazines you read regularly or remember vividly?

English Magazine, Majed Magazine, zahrat al khaleej


  • Games: Any specific traditional games, board games or video games you played regularly?

Atari children game, Karate, Shooting games, plastic shooting game.

  • Food: Do you recall favorite foods at this time?

Sambossa Sandwich with hot sauce was sold always behind of my house. 

  • Or food brands (milk, chocolate...)?

Bounty chocolate. 

  • Or restaurants you regularly ate at?
Um Alqayyum restaurent in Sharjah.
Qurtuba my best restraint in Sharjah

  • Or things you ate specifically during breakfast? During lunch? For dinner?


Egg such as omelet with tea, , seafood, rice with meat, Harees. 
chicken with rice, kabab, biryani.

  • Can you recall major events/strong memories that you have from (a) certain year(s)?


1980: Umrah with family.

1981: Join Ajman Municipality for just one month then competed my study so I could be successful in my life in the future. 

1982: Went to Switzerland and was nice trip I really enjoyed a lot.

1983: My First Married. 

1984: My First child was born and I named him Ahmed from that year my all friends started to call me Abu Ahmed. Then joined to the Army and become a solder. 

1985: My second Married. 

1986: Went to the sea with my friend Nasir and he died in the sea and all blamed me that I killed him it was tribble year i can't forget it. Also, my second child was born in this year and i called him Saleh.


1987: Me and My friends went to the mountain and it was lovely trip with them i really enjoyed and took lots of picture. 

1988: My Two child was born in this year and i named them Amna and Noorah.

1989: I got car driving license and also lot of prizes of winning in the shooting competition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment